Frequently Asked Questions
We have answered here some of the most common questions we have been asked in the past.
If you can't find the answer to your question just call us on 01924 278464 and we'll be happy to assist you.
Before you order
- Do you have a shop or showroom I can visit?
- We do not have a high street shop or showroom for customers to visit. Any visit to our sales office is strictly by appointment only.
- Is the product I want in stock?
- Stock levels are displayed on the products pages.
We try our best to make sure our website displays accurate stock levels at all times so if a product is showing in stock online, it most likely is. However if your order is needed urgently we advise you to call us on 01924 278464 to confirm before placing your order, especially if our website shows only 1 or 2 units left in stock.
- Do you offer any discount for charities/education/bulk orders?
- Discounts are available on some products depending on quantity and whether you are a charity or education organisation. To check if you qualify for any discount, contact us by email at email@example.com with your requirements and we will do our best to help.
- I have seen a product cheaper elsewhere, can you match the price?
- Please check our price match policy here
- Can I collect my order?
- The products we sell are stored in warehouses around the country and it is not possible to collect orders.
If you require a product quickly, we can ship on a next working day service and even offer timed deliveries services. Call us on 01924 278464 with your requirements and we will be happy to help.
- What payment methods do you accept?
- We accept payments by credit/debit cards online or over the phone.
We also accept bank transfer payments and cheques (clearing in 7 working days) so please request a proforma invoice if you would like to pay using one of these payment methods.
- Is it safe to order online?
- When you pay for your order by credit or debit card, the transaction is processed by SagePay.
SagePay is the union of Protx, the fastest growing payment service provider (PSP) and Sage, one of the UK’s most trusted business brands. They securely process millions of transactions each year for our 30,000+ customers.
All transaction information passed from our website to Sage Pay’s systems is encrypted using 128-bit SSL certificates. No cardholder information is ever passed unencrypted. You can be completely assured that nothing you pass to Sage Pay’s servers can be examined, used or modified by any third parties attempting to gain access to sensitive information.
Once on SagePay's systems, all sensitive data is secured using the same internationally recognised 256-bit encryption standards used by, among others, the US Government. The encryption keys are held on state-of-the-art, tamper proof systems in the same family as those used to secure VeriSign's Global Root certificate, making them all but impossible to extract. The data SagePay hold is extremely secure and they are regularly audited by the banks and banking authorities to ensure it remains so.
- Do you accept purchase orders?
- Public sector customers can order online using an official purchase order number or send a purchase order by email or fax to benefit automatically from a 30-day credit account.
Corporate customers need to have a pre-agreed and authorised credit account with us in order to use purchase orders. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a credit account.
NOTE: We require a minimum of 6 months purchase history before considering a credit application from corporate customers and we are not obligated to accept any application.
Consumers cannot purchase with a purchase order.
- Can my order be delivered to a different address?
- Orders placed online can be delivered to a different address (e.g. work address) provided you use 3d Secure authentication (e.g. Verified by VISA, Mastercard Secure Code). To find out more about Verified by VISA click here, or to find out about Mastercard Secure Code click here.
For security reason and to protect our customers, orders placed over the phone will be delivered to the card's billing address.
If you do not wish to order online but require delivery to an alternative address, you can choose to pay by bank transfer or cheque.
- What is your cut-off time for shipping?
- Orders for most items need to be received by 3pm for a same day shipping, however we can sometimes dispatch orders placed later so if you need your order to be dispatched urgently, please call us to check.
- Do I have to create an online account to place an order?
- You do not need to create an account to place an order, you can proceed as a guest. However creating an account on the website allows you to check the status of your order, check your order history, manage your address book and newsletter subscription.
- When will my order be delivered?
- Deliveries to mainland UK are normally made on the next working day (unless otherwise stated) provided your order was placed before our cut-off time.
Deliveries to the Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland or the British Isles may take a little longer. Please call us for more information regarding your delivery.
NOTE: the time/date of delivery is not guaranteed and we cannot be held responsible for delays caused by circumstances outside of our control.
- Who will deliver my order?
- Deliveries are made by various couriers including DPD, TNT, DHL, DX, Yodel, UK Mail etc.
- Do I have to be present when my order is being delivered?
- The courier will require a signature on delivery so an authorised person will need to be available to accept the delivery. If no one is available on delivery, the courier will leave a notice card to allow you to rearrange delivery or collect your parcel from your local depot.
For security reasons we do not request that couriers leave the parcel with a neighbour or in a safe place.
- Can I track my delivery?
- If you require the tracking details for your order please contact us by email at email@example.com and we will provide any tracking detail available.
- I have ordered several products but have only received part of my order, what is happening?
- Different products can originate from different warehouses and be delivered by different couriers so you may receive your order in one or separate deliveries.
- What can I do if I have a complaint?
- The first thing to do if you are unhappy about any aspect of your purchase is to contact us as soon as possible and we will be happy to assist you.
If you are unsatisfied with our response, you have the right to submit a complaint to the Online Dispute Resolution service available at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/